Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Simply Outrageous - continuation of FB note

I absolutely don't get how people can be so insensitive. How they can be so inhumane. So plain cruel. So darn selfish. So not thinking about anyone else but themselves. So blindly in love that you don't care that you're hurting other people. Seriously. Do people really think marriage is game? That this life is probably just another board and we're all the pieces that are moving to this single tune? What gives people the right to insult the institution supposedly built out of love and trust? Right before the future husbands lafaz nikah, the Tok Imam/kadi will always give a short sermon about marriage, of responsibilities of having built a family, of sincerity and honesty, among many, many other things. Don't we listen? Those who have come to witness the joyous moment probably aren't so obliged to. But you who are taking the oath, taking the vow to be wed and live with someone for life. What about you? I do wonder...was it all for the glamour? 'King for a day' as they say...was it all for people to pay extra attention to you as they marvel your beautiful wedding outfit and dowry, your massive bridal chamber and huge tents. For people to praise you of how excellent the food was, what a charming couple you make. Is that really it?


No...it wasn't at all any of that. And when I knew of the truth, I just wished it was any of the things I mentioned before. Because...all of them suddenly don't seem so bad if compared to the shocking truth.

"I just wanted a way out. I was in love with someone else the family didn't approve. They disliked this person. I was just so sick of being trapped in that terrace house I had to leave."

To imagine that this low-life of a person actually got married for that reason. All this while, this person's been staying with the loved one, even after the engagement. I have no idea whether it actually occured even after marriage...coz I eavesdropped on my mum over the whole thing and I decided...I just couldn't hear anymore.

Why do people do such things to other people? I'm just sick and fed-up of all the things that happen around me involving the acts of love. Why do they like to dirty up that word? A word that's supposed to be pure and true. Sigh. The stupid things that humans do. I'm so NOT over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment