Sunday, June 28, 2009

Tribute to a True Friend

You know how people have bestfriends? I've always wanted one (not that you could buy 'em off the rack or anything :p) I've been on the search for THE best friend ever since I can remember. I've gotten close..funny even this sort of quest can turn into another huge drama..story of my life ;) But yeah..you win some, you lose some..the best thing is though, you learn from every single moment.

A girlfriend once told me, if I had to choose between a boy and my girlfriends, I should definitely, no questions asked, resort to the gals. At that very time when she told me this, I probably would have. But thing is..some friendships just leave scars. Of hurt. Of pain. And sometimes..it's to the extent that it can't just heal no more. It sucks. But that's just life. I could put on a smile when I see you guys, act normal and all..but deep inside...I don't forget. I forgive you though, no worries.

Funny how I could be blinded by that very statement; to turn to your girlfriends and not to your boy. It cost me years of searching for THE best friend. When he's right under your very nose! (well, not literally of course.My boy's not that short.hiks) Yup. You know who you are. Err..but before I get your hopes up, this post isn't about you dear ;) It's just my way of warming up...you know me :D

No..it's about friends you never thought you could make. You never thought you could cosy up to. You least expect. I've had my share of close friends over the years. One of 'em I felt like I've known them all my life. A certain someone, it felt like we were destined to meet. And this one person, we could never have more in common. Yet it's amazing how people never fail to surprise you. And this, I mean literally.

I've never been properly 'surprised' on my Birthday before. And this 21st one, I was seriously caught off-guard. It was such a sweet and pleasant occasion - definitely one to remember! I was SO touched. Full-stop. To think that she planned it all for me. Weeks ahead too. And she's the kind of person who's always busy with this and that, but still she had time. When she could be studying. When she was prolly better off doing extra homework or sth..hehe She spent it on me. And I heart her with all my heart. *winks* She's currently in Malaysia when I'm typing this up. And I miss her. I don't usually tell people I miss them. People who know me should know better - I'm not the mushy2 lovey dovey type. At least not on a regular basis or maybe to certain people only. But I do care. I do treasure the people around me. And this one, I felt deserved a tribute.

So THANK YOU SOOO MUCH SARAH ADILAH RAMLAN, for being that friend. For being my sleeping partner and accompanying me during those weekends. For being my date for numerous events.For hearing me out.For bearing with me.For sticking to me through thick and thin. For doing all sorts of things for me and with me. And most importantly..For being here. LOVE YOU TO PIECES! *mmuahxx!!*











7 comments:

  1. awww comel je...deelz i love ur tudungs la! jnis yg pattern-ish and xpendek - most tht i find mcm...pendek mcm scarf tgn kot -____- where u buy
    ehh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe..banyak je kat jalan tar tu..tp mymum aritue bwk i g this complex sumwhere along that road..dlm byk2 kedai tu ade this particular one with lotsa nice varieties! gudlak mencari~ ;)

    ReplyDelete